The Membership secretary is responsible for administration of the membership of the organization, including collection of dues.
Elected annually by the Board, the Membership secretary performs the duties described in the Bylaws, section 9.4.
The Membership secretary is an officer of the corporation.
Typical tasks and tips
- Maintain work records for each member, so as to be able to determine their initial and continuing elegibility for Active membership.
- TIP: Ensure that membership application forms are available in the Coach House building.
- Provide each Active member with a copy of the current Bylaws.
- Forward any changes to the membership list to the Communications chair.
- Contact members when their status changes and advise general members at meetings and via the Communications chair.
- Forward all dues collected to the Treasurer.
Last revised 9/22/02